Annapolis/Anne Arundel County Conference & Visitors Bureau

Annapolis/Anne Arundel County Conference & Visitors Bureau

Historic

Overview:

The circa 1760 house and the 1970’s era addition behind it house Bureau staff and a Visitors Center that welcome over 175,000 guests a year. In a joint‐venture partnership, Symmetry First and T. Averill Architects designed an expansion and renovation. The project included a 1,400 square foot addition, the rearrangement of interior space to separate the visitors center use from the administrative office use, and upgrades of all facility systems and interior finishes.

Approvals for the addition and renovations were secured from the Historic Preservation Commission of the City of Annapolis and the Maryland Historic Trust.

The renovation of the Visitors Center included re‐paving the alley from West Street to the Gott's surface parking lot and established the primacy of the alley entrance to the Center with lighting, an entrance canopy and accessible steps and a ramp. Following on this work, the City of Annapolis completed a complete re‐construction of the Gott's surface parking lot. This vastly improved the approach to the Center from Northwest Street and Gott's Parking Garage. It also allows tour buses to board passengers well away from the busy street.

Project Details:

Location

Annapolis, MD

Client/Owner

Annapolis/Anne Arundel County Conference & Visitors Bureau

Consultants

Gipe Associates, Inc. - mechanical/electrical/plumbing engineering
Watkins Partnership - structural engineering

Construction Cost

unknown

Size

unknown

Const. Complete

unknown

Previous Project

Next Project

CONTACT US

about your commercial project.